12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
1st link banner

2nd link banner

My experience with the IELTS Speaking test

2014.07.11 16:39

Jenny 조회 수:20769

In my whole life, I have experienced many unforgettable things in my attempt to improve my English skill. When I came to Canada, I was so poor at English that nobody could not understand what I said even though I had studied English in my country. 

When I came to Canada, I was confused about what I should do and what I should think. Eventually, I took an ESL(English second Language) course. However, I never thought that I would take an additional English course such as IELTS or TOFEL. After I graduated from high school, in order to improve myself, I decided to take an IELTS course. When I took the course, I believed that my listening skill would be better than the other things, but in fact, my speaking, listening, and writing were terrible. Fortunately, Jim, who taught me the course often helped me to improve my English skills because he asked me about many realistic IELTS speaking topics relating to our daily lives such as weather, recent news and so on. Also, whenever I had the time, he helped me in his own time to check my writing skill.

I always prepared for my all tests including speaking, writing, reading, and listening so that when I was tested on July 11, I knew my probable level. First time, I was nervous because I was given an unexpected topic. The speaking test only lasted 14 minutes, but the time passed quicker than I expected before the test. I will not get my speaking result for 2 weeks, but I was comfortable about my performance in the speaking test. If i hadn't received help from Jim, I could not possibly have improved my writing, speaking, listening, and reading skills. Therefore, I am thankful to Jim for improving my skills. Thank you for meeting Jim and Iris at Noble Academy.

In my opinion, investing my time for studying was invaluable and the moment that I met my teacher Jim was lucky moment for me.